Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello My Geeky Black Beauties








Hello World! Get Ready for the GBG's! The Geeky Black Girls!

A few have been asking why I created Geeky Black Girls, and I decided to answer that very question with a little blog. The answer is very simple, One day I was talking to a friend and while she was talking all I could hear her says is about how she wished she was Asian and how Asians were the most beautiful race in the world! When I asked her about her own race and what she thought of it, she said she didn't think her race was all that beautiful! Don't get me wrong nothing is wrong with Asian people but to hear someone of my own race and gender say such things about herself made me highly confused. Anyway I did some research too see how others felt about this, and what I found shocked me. 

First Thing I noticed was just how rare we really were. Having had geeky black girls as friends almost all my life I thought there would be many of us in the world and defiantly Internet, but I was proven wrong on my online searches, we are very few compared to the many other races. That was also proven in my search for black cosplayers, while I found many white and Asian cosplayers I found only little African or African American cosplayers. Taking an online survey of why this was so and after reading a lot of comments on the internet these were the main 3 reasons why they didn't. 





List  


1.) No money 
2.) Were afraid to because skin, height, and weight didn't match character
3.) Thought only Asians’ could Cosplay a character correctly


Literally, who judges themselves that hard? When I saw that I wanted to scream, however these are the same girls who try themselves to be closer to the Asian culture. This brings me to my second thing, the worship of Asian cultures. I personally love the culture myself but I would never put down my own skin and culture for another. These geeky girls, will only eat Asian food, Like Asian boys, want to dress Asian, and will only listen to Asian music. Now just encase any one is wondering while reading this blog the main two Asian Societies I am talking about are Korea and Japan. I took Japanese class and the one thing I took from it was basically what I have learned in all my history classes. Every Civilization has its flaws! Sometime I think Geeky Black Girls get wrapped up in the fantasy they completely ignore the flaws of their obsession. 

I want geeky black girls to read these blogs with the understanding that they are beautiful and wonderful and should be proud of their skin. We age gracefully, we are dominant in all our genes, and we can make ANYTHING look good and sexy. And for all the guys that are reading this don't think I am letting you off the hook, telling a girl you only date Asian girls with glasses does nothing to help my cause! 





1 comment:

  1. Hello and I must say this is completely and utterly refreshing. You are a beautiful young woman and I thank you for doing this. I myself have been wanting to set up a blog show casing my many cosplay photos and thoughts on our buxom mocha beauties who have some insecurities on cosplaying. I must admit I didn't think I'd fine anyone willing, but there are more of our dark skinned brothers cosplaying then our young ladies and we really need to get the word out. There is no set rule on cosplaying outside of putting the heart and effort into it, required to get good and wholesome results. At any rate thank you so much for this wonderful and refreshing blog.

    ReplyDelete