Monday, June 25, 2012

African American/Black Cosplay

When most people see my pictures of black girls cosplaying they want to know how they themselves can Cosplay on that level. Well I am here to help you with a few tricks that can help you get ready for that next convention and or deviant art picture! 

1) Costumes

If you are not handy with a sewing machine or don't have any friends with that skill, then you are most likely going to have to buy your costume. There are two ways you can do this, the most expensive way is buying the full costume online, If you go this way it is important where you buy the costume, reading reviews and ratings is very important also because you are African or of African descent you most likely will need to go custom size or need to make alteration. I realize that when you buy Cosplay online the chest or height is always incorrect so unless you want your panties showing or guys you don't want to look like you have high waters on. Second thing you can do is buy items in store that match the character you are cosplaying. I tend to like this option for certain things because when you see a character in an anime, TV, or video game to them it is not a Cosplay but their actual clothes they wear on a regular basis. 

2) Make up

Now guys I know you hate the idea of wearing makeup but trust me it is worth it. Now for those Geeks who have no idea what to do for makeup I have a girl who can help you. Remember though the girl I am going to link is in fact Asian but she is good as long as you remember to get the right shade of makeup that matches your skin tone you should be alright. And you can find the right shade by simply going to a nearby Macy or just testing. Anyway here she is, My Girl Michelle Phan!


3) Accessories 

Accessories can go a long way! The tiniest attention to detail will make your cosplaying look like a dream. Things like a tattoo and a pair of earrings can show how serious you are about who you are cosplaying and how devoted to looking like the character.







4) Skin Color

NOT RELEVANT!  



2 comments:

  1. YES! You ARE Hot! I love sistas who cosplay! Keep it up! Looking foward to sexy pantyhose/tights and knee-high stockings too ^_^! lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. led stickman costume

    ReplyDelete